The cooker top is common equipment that is used in house kitchens to blow out the smoke and dirt from the kitchen. This is a thing that you might not check but if you think. It is used to emit dirt and grease.
So there must be some of it stuck in it. There are strainers used in the cooker hood to stop grease from entering the tunnel. You must be looking for how to clean cooker hood filter.
Grease sticks to the surface of the filter which makes it look worse.Now if you check under the hood.
You will see two filters which are blocked and black if they are not cleaned for a long time. When the filter becomes blocked, they cannot perform their task as no air can pass through them due to blockage.
This dirt and grease can be separated very easily. You just have to follow the simple given steps. Have a look at easy to follow the guide given.
How To Clean Cooker Hood Filter? The Easy Way
Before you start:
These are some items that you must get close to hand before starting.
- Boiling water
- Dish soap or removing agent
- Standard Baking Soda
- Brush for cleaning
- Paper towel to dry
Read the given steps carefully and follow them for effective cleaning.
- Separate the filters from the hood.
- Pour boiling water into a bucket.
- Add some dish soap into the hot water.
- Place the filters into the mixture.
- Let the filters rest.
- Brush the filters to wipe them
- Rinse and dry the filters.
- Put the filter back into the cooker hood.
Now I will explain to you all the steps with a bit of explanation so you understand better. Read carefully to get an answer to all your questions.
1. Untighten the filters from the hood:
Remove the dirty filters from the hood top. They are usually fixed with a slide and pop mechanism but look for any screws and untighten them. Then you can easily remove the filters.
2. Pour hot water into a bucket:
Hot will help in the effective cleaning of the filters. More hot will be the water, it will remove the grease more easily. You can boil the water separately and then pour it into an empty bucket.
3. Add dish soap or cleaning agent:
Once you have poured hot water into the bucket. Now you will add a considerable amount of cleaning agent into the bucket. Also, add one-fourth cup of baking soda into the water. Mix it well using the brush and be aware of hot water.
4. Put filters into the water:
Put the greasy filters into the water and let them rest in there for at least 10-15 minutes. This process will dissolve the grease with soap. Make sure that filters are completely covered in water.
5. Scrub the filters:
Use the brush to clean the filters. Keep it gentle and nice. Do not rub hard because it can damage the filters. You can add some more soap if required.
6. Make filters free from water:
Once you are done with the cleaning. Rinse the filters and dry them with a paper towel or cloth.
7. Fit back the plates into hood:
Once you are satisfied with the cleaning. Now you can put the filters into the cooker top. Wash them once a month so your hood can work realistically.
- It is suggested that you should clean the filters after 30 days. But if you do frying a lot, then you must clean it more often.
- Pull out the filters carefully. They are built in such a way so you can easily remove them. but doing it in the wrong direction will break the locks and you have to replace them.
- While using a brush to clean filters, do not use it hard or you may ruin the filter and you have to get a new one.
- You can wipe out the dust and grease from other parts of the cooker hood by using the same soap mixture.
This article shows you a simple method to clean your cooker hood filter. You just use water, soap and a cloth for cleaning. You can follow these simple and easy to follow instruction to do your work.
Also, there is an explanation given for each step. You can have a look at that too.
Summarizing the whole article, it tells us that make a mixture of hot water and the removing agent. Soak the screens into it and let them clean.
Dry the filters and put them back into the cooker hood. Read it thoroughly if you want an answer to how to clean cooker hood filter and all your other questions.