How to fix tough meat in a slow cooker? The question primarily depends on two approaches that either the meat is under-cooked or over-cooked. Both approaches result in stiff and rigid meat. Tenderizing that stiff meat is a bit difficult task. But you can complete it with the help of a slow cooker.
You need to throw it in with some vegetables to retain the natural flavor of the meat. If failed, you can reuse the meat by shredding and usage in other meals. But most chances are that you’ll fix it because the cooker’s humidity will play its part to tenderize the meat.
How to Fix Tough Meat in a Slow Cooker? Steps to Follow
Here are some steps to answer your query on how to fix tough meat in a slow cooker. But remember, it depends much on the condition of the meat. Follow the way described below and enjoy your meal.
For Under-Cooked Meat
If the meat is under-cooked, the fixing process will be a bit easy. You’ll need to braise it for some more time in your slow cooker. Also, take special care of lid-fixing and top rim during the tendering process.
- First of all, marinate your under-cooked meat with some liquid spices. Make sure that overall spices should be according to your taste.
- Place it on your slow cooker and cover the top tightly.
- Then cook it again on the lowest heat settings and cook again.
- After the boiling has started, the tendering range will depend on you.
- Bring it out after the desired fixation and enjoy your delicious meal.
For Over-Cooked Meat
If the meat is over-cooked and becomes brown and stiff after taking it out, you can try the following steps to fix it out.
- Place the stiff meat in your slow cooker.
- Add some water to it.
- Chop some vegetables of your choice, save them for later.
- Switch on the slow cooker on low heat settings.
- After the water has evaporated, add the vegetables.
- Then cook it for some more time and enjoy your food.
Some Other Hacks to Fix Tough Meat
Proceeding further about how to fix tough meat in a slow cooker, we’d like to say that a slow cooker serves the purpose of tenderizing the meat in most cases. But sometimes, in worst cooked meat, it might not be able to handle the situation.
Here are some hacks to fix and reuse that tough meat in different meals in the following case.
- The first hack is to bring your food processor and chop the meat properly. Then use that shredded meat in any other dish using your favorite seasoning.
- The second tip is to add some liquid sauce over the meat and leave it for some time. Then fry it in a pan. Frying may lead to some flavor loss, but you can eat that delicious roast with your favorite puree.
- The third way to use it is by stewing the meat. Make cubes of the tough meat and use it with tomato sauce or any other flavor.
- The last hack is to cut it from the top. Usually, meat is stiffer from the top and tender in the mid. So, cut down the above part, shred and use it the way you like. While using the lower soft meat with your loved dip or sauce.
In conclusion, we’d like to say that the method of how to fix tough meat in a slow cooker is not a challenging task if you follow the steps correctly. This is quite natural that due to negligence, the meat becomes stiff sometimes. But there are various hacks and solutions available to tenderize them.
You need to utilize them effectively and retain the deliciousness of the meal. Everything will be on track then. Either your meat is under-cooked or over-cooked; you can fix it or reuse it simply. We hope that you’ve gained something from the process. Happy cooking!